When most people think of property surveying, they tend to think of assessing the value of one’s home. But commercial land surveyors in Floresville, TX exist to assist you with a variety of different commercial land projects that you might not even have thought about until now.
If you currently own or are in the market for commercial property, you’ll definitely want to hire commercial land surveyors in Floresville, TX at some point to help you assess your land’s value, settle boundary disputes and much more. Here’s a look at some of the most common projects commercial land surveyors take on, and what you can expect when you hire one.
- Boundary surveys: One of the most common tasks for both residential and commercial land surveyors is conducting land or boundary surveys. By examining and reviewing records, surveyors determine the points at which your property ends and your neighbors’ properties begin. This is an especially helpful service to utilize if you’re just starting a business—you’ll know exactly how much space you have, and can avoid nasty land disputes before they begin.
- As-built surveys: Whether you’re buying or selling a piece of commercial land, it’s useful to know exactly what is right and wrong with a piece of property. As-built surveys pinpoint manmade features like foundations, driveways and sidewalks, and show which improvements have been made and are still needed, and when.
- Topographical surveys: Beyond just the limits between your property and another’s, topographical surveys also show the different elevations, natural features and manmade features on any given piece of commercial property. This helps you to know exactly what you’re getting when you buy a piece of land. For example, if you plan to build a restaurant, having a split foundation might make or break your plans.
- Mortgage surveys: Before any bank will give you a loan to buy commercial property, they’ll want to know all the features and hidden problems involved with the property. A mortgage survey will provide your bank with all the necessary information, so they can decide whether it’s a risk they want to take.
- Flood plain surveys: Whatever type of business you plan to run, having a property that’s at high risk for flooding could definitely throw a wrench in your plans. Having a land surveyor conduct a flood plain survey will tell you exactly what the risks are before it’s too late.
- Zoning surveys: Finally, you’ll certainly need to know what a piece of property is zoned for before you can decide whether to buy or sell it as commercial land. A zoning survey tells you exactly what can and cannot happen on a given piece of land.
Whatever type of survey you’re in the market for, you can trust Pollok & Sons Surveying Inc with the job. We’ve been commercial land surveyors in Floresville, TX for over 30 years, and we always look forward to tackling new challenges. Give us a call anytime to learn more about our commercial surveying services.