Knowing when to contact a boundary surveyor in Floresville, TX can save you a lot of confusion and trouble. But before you can be sure that you need a boundary surveyor, it’s helpful to understand what a boundary surveyor is.
A boundary surveyor is someone who determines what the exact limits of a piece of owned land are. Boundary surveyors figure out boundaries by studying deeds, maps and written descriptions of boundaries. Here are some situations when you may need a boundary surveyor:
- Before you buy land. Common sense dictates that before you buy something, you should know exactly what you’re getting. A realtor or current owner may be ignorant about how far the property actually extends, or they might even intentionally try to mislead you to make a piece of land more attractive. Having the land independently surveyed might save you from a nasty surprise further down the line.
- Before selling your land. You don’t want to be the person who sells their land for much less than it’s actually worth, or who is made to seem like a fool for not knowing what the boundaries are for the land they’re trying to sell. To make the selling process go as smoothly as possible for you, hire a land surveyor so you know exactly what you’re selling.
- When you need a loan. If you want to borrow money against your property, financial institutions will often require a boundary survey so they know what they’re lending on. Because you never know when you might need a loan, it’s best to have that information on hand already.
- When you have a boundary dispute. If you think your neighbor is infringing on your land, or your neighbor accuses you of doing the same, the only definitive way to settle the dispute is to contact a boundary surveyor. Rather than stewing about it for months or years, you can at least have your disagreement resolved one way or the other.
- When you want to divide your land. If you have a large piece of land that you want to divide, it’s obviously helpful to know exactly where the boundaries are on that property, and where they’ll be once the land’s been divided. Hire a land surveyor to take care of it for you.
- When the local government requires it. Your city or county government may need to know the boundaries of your land before you can move forward with a variety of projects. Complying with their requests in a timely and amiable manner will make things much easier on you in the long run.
- When your architect or engineer requests it. Similar to a local government, anyone working on developing or renovating your property will likely want to know what the property’s boundaries are.
Having your property surveyed for boundaries might seem like an inconvenience, but it can often help clear up fuzzy lines and make it much easier to proceed with new projects. If you need a boundary surveyor in Floresville, TX, don’t hesitate to contact Pollok & Sons Surveying Inc.